Thursday 13 February 2014

Bags Of Interest


First off, I sketched a quick observational drawing of my wallet with a blue pen. I figured, it wasn't a creative piece of work and so I took a photograph and edited the image on a photo editor.

- Photo image edited on photo-editor app called Aviary.
The colour of the ink worked well on the background as it spread around the wallet giving it a new advanced look.

I went back on my sketchbook, then I decided to replace the pen drawing with collage technique, as I had done quite a bit of collage techniques on my last project I felt that I quite confident with collage technique.
I used a bag of cookies from Sainsbury's as the material to assemble the collage.
The cookie bag is also a "bag of interest" which is my starting point theme.
The two bags above, both are bags of interest.
Here is the assembled collage so far.

Matisse- Project for "The Strana Forandola 





Digestives Biscuit Packaging (Bag) 
KFC Spicy Wings Bag


As I reviewed my ideas on this piece of work, I asked for suggestions from my teacher, friends and families. I received the same feedback from all of them. Then I decided to refine and develop this particular piece. I covered up the text "Ernest Jones" by layering with bits of Nuneaton newspaper & applying acrylic paint over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment